We are seeking a talented, UK-qualified attorney who is fluent in English and preferably another European language to act as the responsible attorney for the UK & Ireland. In this role, the attorney will need to closely work with the Warsaw based team of Contracts Specialists and more specifically with the designated intake lead for the UK & Ireland.
A successful candidate for this position must be able to work seamlessly with other team members, departments and executives across multiple countries and cultures, and develop proposals and processes for executing on our strategic commercial objectives.
Candidates must be able to handle sophisticated transactions and other projects both skillfully and efficiently and engage directly with customers and vendors in contract negotiations. Candidates should have transactional experience that he/she would enjoy applying in a dynamic work environment and be able to support corporate legal matters.
The position will be based in London, England where our UK headquarters is located. Some travel is anticipated. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high-caliber, collegial department with other dedicated legal professionals on a wide variety of matters for an innovative, publicly traded technology company.
- Negotiate the terms of commercial licensing, cloud subscription and services contracts; promote, balance and manage company and customer/vendor interests; facilitate discussions with customers and vendors, differentiating true requirements from negotiating tactics and competing interests
- Promote, balance and manage company and customer/vendor interests using a high degree of ingenuity to solve contentious issues addressing business risks and compliance matters
- Work on a day-to-day basis with the sales field and other departments to support transactions and help integrate legal considerations with business and technology activities
- Provide legal training’s to educate the sales teams on legal procedures, guidelines and policies
- Work on legal matters and provide business support with a sense of urgency to meet Legal’s service levels
- Assist with general corporate legal matters, including employment, litigation, and regulatory compliance matters
- Drive project and process improvement initiatives, policies and procedures aimed at effecting process re engineering within the Legal Department scope to increase speed and efficiency and ultimately contribute to revenue growth
Required Experience and Skills:
- UK-qualified attorney with a UK law degree and 4-6+ years of PQE (Post Qualified Experience) at a law firm or in-house at a large multi-national corporation
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Fluency in other European languages is a plus
- Experience with, and enthusiasm for, process improvement, transactional work, legal research, and other matters
- Ability to manage fast-paced workload in a dynamic environment and simultaneously add value to multiple projects
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
- Proactive, self-starter who shows project ownership and enjoys working across departments Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Experience in working with Salesforce is a plus